Local Radon Contractor: Be Safe From The Effects Of Radon
Protect your home and your loved ones today. As a family-owned local radon contractor, we're highly certified and licensed. We're committed to providing accurate radon testing and mitigation for complete peace of mind.
Because radon is odorless and tasteless, it can only be detected by an appropriate testing device. At Utah Radon Defense, we use the latest and most accurate, continuous monitoring equipment installed by our Certified Radon Inspection Specialists.
There are several types of radon mitigation and our certified radon specialists will walk you through the recommendation that is right for your home or business.
Radon Mitigation System Repairs & Replacement
At Utah Defense Radon we are able to complete a highly accurate, short term radon test to make sure your mitigation system is working properly to keep your radon gas levels well below the EPA recommended saturation.
Radon Certifications & Licenses
"Utah Radon Defense tested the radon levels in our home and they were very high and unsafe. They installed the mitigation system quickly and left our home in better shape than they found it. We couldn’t be happier with the results! We highly recommend Utah Radon Defense!"
- Steve & Jana Webber
Utah Radon Defense is your go-to solution for testing and mitigation for the dangerous, carcinogenic gas, radon. We are licensed and experienced radon contractors. According to the EPA, radon accounts for approximately 21,000 deaths annually in the U.S. alone.¹
Radon is undetectable by smell or taste, which is why at Utah Radon Defense we have highly accurate testing technology paired with mitigation expertise to ensure you stay safe from radon. Our goal is to provide exceptional value and service while protecting Utah from this dangerous, carcinogenic gas. Don’t put your health at unnecessary risk. Have your property tested by our licensed, friendly, professional team of technicians at Utah Radon Defense.
Providing Value and Superior Service to Keep You Safe
Utah Radon Defense respects your safety while providing superior value. Our testing services are fast and accurate, helping you get the answers you need to make the right mitigation decisions to keep you safe. When you choose Utah Radon Defense for testing, a Certified Radon Inspection Specialist will perform a highly accurate radon test in your home or business. With our comprehensive, professional services, we’re fully equipped to ensure you know your levels of radon. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has determined that elevated level of radon gas (4pCi/L or higher), indicates that it is important to get your building mitigated immediately.⁶ Let certified radon contractors from Utah Radon Defense do that for your home, daycare, or commercial property.
Radon the Odorless Threat
Radon gas is caused by the radioactive decay of uranium in soil, rocks, and water.⁹ The dangerous gas seeps in through holes and cracks in foundations and accumulates in crawls and basements where it can be then trapped and stored, emitting high levels into your breathing air. According to the Surgeon General, it’s the second-highest cause of lung cancer after smoking in the United States.¹⁰ At Utah Radon Defense, your radon contractor will not only tell you the amount of radon gas but also help you mitigate it with our state of the art mitigation systems, helping you rest assured that you and your loved ones are safe.
- “Health Risk of Radon.” EPA, Environmental Protection Agency, 24 July 2019, www.epa.gov/radon/health-risk-radon.
- “Environmental Health and Medicine Education.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/csem.asp?csem=8&po=7#:~:text=Children and Radon Exposure Risk,faster than those of adults.
- Home Buyer’s and Seller’s Guide to Radon. United States Environmental Protection Agency , Mar. 2018, www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-05/documents/hmbuygud.pdf.
- “Search Results for ‘Radon.’” Utah Geological Survey, geology.utah.gov/?s=radon.
- American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST). Certified Radon Professionals, certifiedradonpros.org/ut.html.
- A Citizen’s Guide to Radon The Guide to Protecting Yourself and Your Family from Radon. United States Environmental Protection Agency , Dec. 2016, www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2016-12/documents/2016_a_citizens_guide_to_radon.pdf.
- “Types of Certification.” NRPP, 16 Jan. 2020, nrpp.info/certification/types-of-certification/.
- “AARST-NRPP Certified Analysis Laboratories.” AARSTNRPP, aarst-nrpp.com/wp/database-search/aarst-nrpp-certified-analysis-laboratories/.
- “Radon and Cancer.” National Cancer Institute, www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/substances/radon/radon-fact-sheet#:~:text=How does radon cause cancer?,be associated with inhaling radon.
- “Protect Yourself and Your Family from Radon.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 8 Jan. 2020, www.cdc.gov/nceh/features/protect-home-radon/index.html.
Talk To Our Radon Testing and Mitigation Specialists
Our radon testing and radon mitigation specialists are certified by multiple national agencies to ensure you receive highly accurate results and peace of mind.